ISO 11612, ISO 11611, EN 1486 : Specific standards against specific risks
To ensure protection of persons subject to identified risks, EDC offers a complete range of category 2 or 3 PPEs that meet specific protection standards, in particular:
EN 11612 – Industrial Heat
Category 2 or 3 PPEs protecting against heat and flame. It covers a wide range of uses for which final performances are indicated by different indices:
• A: flame behaviour
• B - level 1 to 3: resistance to convective heat
• C - level 1 to 4: resistance to radiant heat
• D - level 1 to 3: resistance to molten aluminium projections
• E - level 1 to 3: resistance to molten metal splashes
• F - level 1 to 3: resistance to contact heat
EN 11611 – Welding and allied processes
Category 2 PPEs protecting against small splashes of molten metal, short contact with a flame and radiant heat. These PPEs also guarantee a certain degree of electrical insulation.
There are two performance classes, Class 1 and Class 2, the latter offering greater protection.
EN 1486 – Vêtements de protection pour Sapeurs Pompiers
Protective clothing for firefighters - Laboratory test methods and requirements for reflective clothing for special operations.